“gap intelligence is a values-led corporation. We strive to deliver the highest quality of research and service to our clients, expand opportunities and professional growth for our team members, and operate a company that recognizes the central role that business plays in our community.
We are driven to contribute to something bigger than ourselves and trust that our hard work will turn into something great and that we’ll have fun along the way.”
In short, gap intelligence cares. We care about our clients, we care about ourselves, and we care about the community that we live in. All 38 team members at gap intelligence’s San Diego headquarters worked passionately to give back to the local San Diego community throughout 2012-2013 and are led by our own “3T’s” committee. The “3T’s” team orchestrates our philanthropic efforts based on three principles:
- We can give our time.
- We can share our talent.
- We can donate our “treasure”.
Throughout 2102 and 2013, the 3Ts and everyone at gap intelligence contributed in many ways to organizations throughout San Diego including bagging meals for the hungry, taking steps towards a cure, clean a beach, and to give a fighting chance for children battling cancer.
In 2012, gap intelligence gave back to the San Diego community by:
- Packaging over 20,000 pounds of food at at the San Diego Food Bank
- Handing out thousands of meals at Father Joe’s Villages
- Picking up over 1,000 pounds of trash at a local beach with the San Diego Surfrider Foundation
- Hosting a drive for the San Diego Blood Bank that included 47 registered blood donors, 26-first time donors who donated 35 pints of blood that resulted in 245 saved lives
- Raising $8,500 for Susan G. Komen, the 9th most raised in the city of San Diego
- Raising over $1,000 for the American Lung Association
- Delivering dozens of Toy’s for Rady Children’s Hospital
- Raising over $10,000 for the Emilio Nares Foundation through our inaugural “Drives for Rides” Golf Tournament that will support children who would otherwise not have the resources to receive care for cancer
Our efforts this year were graciously recognized by the San Diego Business Journal and San Diego Rotary Club, who awarded gap intelligence with the 21013 Heilbron Award, which recognizes business who have made the biggest impact on the local community.
While it’s wonderful to be recognized for our hard work in giving back to the local San Diego community, our greater reward is to be part of a company that passionately contributes to something bigger than ourselves. Giving through the 3T’s requires extra effort that extends beyond the traditional work week, but our charitable efforts continue to stay true to gap intelligence’s mission statement – we are having fun along the way.
As much as the Heilbron Award makes us proud to be a part of something as special as gap intelligence, we hope that the award makes our clients just as proud to work with us.