gap intelligence is a values-led company. We care. We care about our clients, about each other, and about our community. Our Time, Talent, and Treasure committee (3Ts) is driven to inspire community impact through charitable opportunities. On May 2, 2014, we will be hosting the second annual Drives for Rides golf tournament to benefit the Emilio Nares Foundation (ENF), a local non-profit here in San Diego that navigates families through their child’s journey with cancer.
Inspired by their son Emilio, Richard and Diane founded ENF in 2003 to help provide critical logistical support to families with a child fighting cancer. In 2013, Richard Nares was nominated as one of CNN’s Top Ten Heroes of the Year!
Drives for Rides is an opportunity to contribute to something bigger than ourselves and to make a lasting impact on our local community. Our Drives for Rides goal is to raise over $15,000 for ENF, which goes directly to helping families and their children fighting cancer.
While we are well on our way, we need your help!!
Tournament will be played as a 4 person Florida Scramble (best ball)
Single Green Fee: $150 / Foursomes $600 and includes green fee, cart with GPS, player gift bag, awesome prizes, drinks, dinner, opportunity drawing and auction!
how can YOU help?:
We need everything. We need players. We need prizes for our players and we need sponsors. We need it all. We’ll take donations of all shapes and sizes. The players could use water bottles on the tee boxes. We need refreshments for our carts, sponsorships to give directly to ENF, and we need awesome prizes for our various games, raffles, and silent auctions.
sponsors & prize donations
First a Thank You to those who have already donated.
- Yoga Six – One Free Month of Yoga
- Grissom Law Firm
- Gemini Energy Services
- Callaway Golf – Callaway Driver & Stand Bag
- Southwest Airlines – Two Round Trip Airline Tickets
- Omni Hotel
- Sushi Freak
- Mission San Juan Capistrano
- Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza
- Outback Steakhouse
- La Jolla Playhouse
- Point Loma Tea
- Callaway Winery – tour and wine tasting
- Polish Me Nails – regular pedicure
- Remember to Breathe – acupuncture session
- Hornblower Cruises – 2 Seafarers’ passes
- Trulucks – Dinner for 6 People
- Kennedy Golf – 30 minute golf lesson with PGA Professional Mike Nokes
- eLive Life – 12 one-hour spa treatments
- Otterbox – $60 gift certificate
- Sushi Freak – free sushi roll
- Mission San Juan Capistrano – free one-year family membership
- Tom Young – two SDSU basketball tickets / $30 Buffalo Wild Wings Gift Card
- Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza – $25 gift card
- Outback Steakhouse – $20 gift card
- La Jolla Playhouse – Voucher for 2 to any 2014 season play
- Point Loma Tea – Tea Gift Basket
- AMC Theatres – 2 movie tickets
- Vons – $20 gift card
- Sanctuate – free 45 minute massage
- Next Generation Wine – 2 bottles of wine (white / red)
- Marina Kitchen – gift card for a wine dinner for 4
- MIHO Gastrotruck – $50 gift card to JUKE
- Mikrospa – $50 gift gift card, 5 $20 gift cards, $250 couples retreat
- Carlsbad Golf Center – outdoor club fitting / birdie level range membership / 30 minutes with golf instructor
- San Diego Air & Space Museum – 4 general admission guest passes
- Mariposa Handmade Ice Cream – $25 gift certificate
- Broke Girls Coffee Bar – $10 gift certificate
- Back From Tomboctou – $25 gift certificate
- Pura Buena Onda – 8 conversation classes
- The Cottage – $25 gift certificate
- Wilson Creek Winery – tour and tasting for 2
- USS Midway – Ensign Package for family of 4
- SportRX – $100 gift certificate
- Aquarium of the Pacific – 2 admission passes
- Grammy Museum – 4 museum passes
- Discovery Science Center – family of 4 pack admission
- Viva Pops – gift certificate
- Bootique Fitness – 2 gift certificates for 2 week membership
- Museum of Making Music – family pack of 4 admission tickets
- Vinto Restaurant (Park City, Utah) – $25 gift certificate
- Sail Hoe Golf Club – Nine holes of golf for 2 people
- The Hot Spot – $20 gift certificate
- The New Children’s Museum – 4 guest admission tickets
- Sprinkles – $84 gift certificate
- San Diego Flagship Cruises – 2 passes for one-hour narrated harbor tour
- Saint Regis Deer Valley – one night stay
- Go Raw – 11 snacks
If you are able to donate a prize of any kind (we’ll take them all), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 619-574-1100.
Contact: Katie Hess at 619-574-1100 or email@example.com
Sponsorships and registration can be made online at: Kennedy Golf
- Title Sponsor: $7,500 (includes 2-foursomes in tournament)
- Major Sponsor: $5,000 (includes 1-foursome in tournament)
- Tournament Sponsor: $2,500
- Hole in One Insurance Sponsor: $1,000
- Beverage Sponsor: $500
- Hole Sponsor: $250/hole
Thank you very much for your interest and support. The tournament and sponsorship of the Emilio Nares Foundation is an endeavor that gap intelligence is very proud to undertake.
Let’s touch a child’s life and leave a legacy beyond our years.
About the Emilio Nares Foundation
Richard and Diane Nares lost their only son, Emilio Nares, to cancer when he was 5-years-old. Turning tragedy into hope, the Nares family created the Emilio Nares foundation (ENF) in 2003. ENF provides a variety of programs and services for low-income, underprivileged families whose child has cancer. ENF’s flagship program, Ride With Emilio, is a transportation service in southern California. At this time no other transportation exists that is dedicated to the unique socio-economic needs of low-income families whose children must access cancer treatment on time, but cannot due specifically to transportation barriers. The Ride With Emilio program has virtually eliminated missed appointments due to transportation challenges among the patients served. Ride with Emilio has been recognized as a model program by the U.S. Surgeon General and President Obama. We are a 501C3 tax-exempt organization. All donations to the Emilio Nares Foundation are tax deductible. Learn more about ENF: www.ENFHope.org