Wow, I can’t believe it’s already November. How the time flies when you are having fun.
With this time of year comes several things:
- The holidays are in full force and all of us here at gap intelligence are anxiously awaiting the holiday parade in Ocean Beach where we will participate with our very own retro Christmas themed float.
- We had a costume contest at the office the Friday before Halloween. Everybody came dressed up and had a lot of fun. I must give a shout out to the winner of the contest-Katie, your Walmart employee costume was a riot!
- Several weeks ago we had the annual gap intelligence holiday card photo shoot. It was my first time to take part and I had a great time. What a cool idea.
- Things here in the notebook category are getting increasingly busy with all the new products making their debuts just in time for the big shopping season. If I had an extra thousand bucks lying around, I would definitely be purchasing one of the new ultrabooks.
- And lastly, the high school basketball season is set to start in less than a week. As of November 12, I am posed to begin living my double life; one as a calm, quiet, serious employee of gap intelligence, and one as an energetic, goofy, and upbeat, varsity basketball coach who tries not to yell…too much! After a difficult first year as a head coach last year, the program is beginning to turn around. A big reason for that is the arrival of four, yes I said four, new transfer students-two of them came all the way from Norway! That’s pretty rare, and I am very excited about it.
Thanksgiving is quickly approaching and we are all looking forward to spending time, and giving thanks, with our friends and family. This will be my first Thanksgiving as a wife, so I had better step it up in the kitchen and impress my husband…actually, who am I kidding, he does a way better job than me when it comes to cooking. I’m so lucky! My mom and sister are also coming and I have been looking forward to that for a long time. (We are going to Burbank to see The Ellen Show, seriously, I can’t wait!!!)
Clearly there is a lot to be looking forward to, and even more to be thankful for, as we head toward the end of 2011. It’s certainly good to be part of the gap intelligence team!