When I was a kid my mother would take me on errands in our glorious, 1974 powder-blue, wood-paneled station wagon. I’d ride way back in the rumble seat, never wearing a seat belt, as we drove around town. My favorite stop was the drive through bank teller because that is where I could see magic: super cool containers, filled with lollypops and papers, floating through a tube. My mother would hand me the deposit slip and I would load up a container, put it in that magical tube, and then launch it to the teller inside the bank! I loved that cartridge and how I could send things to the bank teller (I just recently learned that magic cartridge system has the utterly unmagical name of “pneumatic tube”).
Recent Reports Card
On March 15, 2021, we are bringing back the magic of fast, direct delivery with a new tool that shares our syndicated reports in a wonderfully easy way. Our new “Recent Reports” card is where our clients can locate and download our syndicated Price & Promotions reports, our Dealer Cost Reports, Inventory Reports, TCO Files, custom presentations, and even client inquiries and white papers. In fact, we have invented our own version of Dropbox that is so simple and easy to use that it has an equally simple name – “Recent Reports”
Here is a quick video that explains it all: Click here or Herbie below to watch a 2 minute video
This is what will change on March 15, 2021:
- Our reports will no longer be available on our antiquated Datacenter platform. Instead, clients will be directed to our new, current, and super-fresh Dashboard at dashboard.gapintelligence.com.
- Our reports are now organized by product category rather than by report type, which is a more intuitive navigation path. Rather than searching through “Price & Promotions Report” or “Dealer Cost Report” to find the products that you are interested in, you can quickly choose the product category and see a list of all relevant reports appear like this:
- Only our latest, freshest reports will be made available on the Recent Reports card. If you would like an archived report, we encourage clients to:
- Hit the orange chat button on the bottom right of the this screen and we’ll send it to you!
- Absolutely contact us at email@example.com and we’ll send it to you!
- You’ll find even more dynamic versions of back data on dashboard cards like our Custom Data Downloads, Merchant Pricing Trendlines, Ad Share, Product Share, and more!
- Ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be thrilled to give you a tutorial on Dashboard AND even set it up for you!!
You will still be notified when new reports are available!
Every dashboard user will be emailed notifications when our latest round of fresh Great Freak’n Data is available for download. By default, every user will be set to receive a “Daily Digest” email that lists all of the latest reports available, based on the product categories the client is subscribed to.
The email will look like this:
You may get one extra email a week and we can fix that.
Some of our clients make all kinds of products. The Product Manager of TVs may not want to get notified about a fresh new Dishwasher report (although maybe they do!). If you do not want to receive these emails, simply head to your Dashboard Settings profile and change your email notifications and/or change the categories that you follow. CAUTION: If you unsubscribe from a category on dashboard, that category will no longer appear on any of your Dashboard cards.
If you need help with this, hit the orange chat button on the bottom right and we’ll be glad to walk you through it. Even easier: if you would like us to set your preferences for you, just email us at email@example.com and we will set Dashboard up just the way you like it.
Recent Reports will be your repository of all things gap intelligence. When our brilliant research group gives a presentation to your company, the huge-too-big-to-be-emailed slide deck will be posted to Recent Reports for download. When our data team crafts an exceptional pivot table for you, they will post that file on Recent Reports so it can be easily shared across your team. Just like when the bank teller dropped a lollypop in the magic pneumatic tube cartridge for you as a kid – all of the extra sweet and insightful interactions with gap intelligence will be waiting for you in the Recent Reports card, just like that.
And that’s why I am so excited about the Recent Reports card and how it will improve the way we interact with our clients. While “Recent Reports” is a name that clearly explains what it is, the name doesn’t quite convey how magical I think it really is. The bank did not use a “pneumatic tube” back then; the teller sent me a magic treasure chest filled with lollypops.
Enjoy our latest innovation, “Recent Reports,” and stay around to tinker with all the great tools we have built for you. We encourage questions, so please do press the orange chat box on the bottom right – we may even send some lollypops over.
Perhaps we should just rename it to “Magic Treasure Chest Filled with Lollypops”.
I’ll ask our Development Team.