At gap intelligence, we are passionate about living a high-five culture, delivering exceptional service, and giving back to our local community – And we’re hiring! We are looking for a Junior Data Associate to join our Research Group and work on a project that helps our clients understand what their competition is up to. We are located in beautiful downtown San Diego and are looking for the ideal candidate to join our dynamic team.
If you enjoy problem solving, looking at numbers, improving processes, and have a keen eye for detail, this role might be right for you! This role would provide you with an opportunity to learn more about dealer pricing in multiple countries and how dealers interact with manufacturers.
As a key part of this team, the ideal candidate:
- Is accountable and willing.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses excellent attention to detail and follow through.
- Thrives by working in a cross-functional team.
- Is a self-starter with exceptional time management abilities.
- Is a problem solver and opportunity seeker.
- Is comfortable and willing to work on monotonous and tedious tasks.
- Is interested in data entry and data collection.
- Enjoys finding and resolving errors / troubleshooting / problem solving.
- Has beginning to intermediate Excel skills.
- Interested in working in other languages, specifically German and French (familiarity helps but is not required; primarily use Google translate).
- Has earned a Bachelor’s degree.
- Manually enter pricing and product information for MFP-Copier data
- Create and update Excel-based reports
- Ability to understand the big picture when compiling components of a data-based report
- Help out on client inquiries
- Meet report refresh deadlines
- Continuous improvement to the process and data structure of the reports
This position will begin at approximately 30 hours a week; with the opportunity to transition into 40 hours a week as the ideal candidate grows and takes on more responsibility. Beginning compensation is $20 an hour with full benefits, including one week off between Christmas and New Year’s Day while the office is closed.For those who are interested in being considered for this position, please send your resume along with a cover letter that includes your three most cherished personal values and why they are so important to you.