Job Responsibilities & Qualifications:
Help us DO GREAT for our clients & community. We are looking for a Mid- to Senior-Level Software Engineer to join our team of rockstars. Our team is made up of 10+ passionate front and back end developers located in San Diego and offshore. We deliver valuable and innovative web applications and mobile apps that bring our data to life. Internally, these tools are used to produce and analyze our data. Externally, our clients use these tools to consume our data around the world.
As a vital member of a small team, the ideal candidate definitely:
- Has at least 4+ years of programming experience with Ruby and/or similar languages (Python, Perl, PHP, Elixir)
- Has at least 3+ years of Ruby on Rails web applications
- Has at least 4+ years experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Has at least 2 years developing enterprise-grade APIs
- Has at least 2 years working with Sidekiq, ElasticSearch and other technologies that help with storing and processing large data sets
- Mobile development experience a PLUS! (Swift)
- Experience with web crawling a PLUS!
- Is a git ninja
- Is passionate about testing and best practices
- Loves writing clean, readable code
- Takes advantage of opportunities for innovation and autonomy
- Has experience working on agile software development team with continuous delivery
- Effectively communicates with product managers and stakeholders
- Is accountable for their own work and willing to help others problem solve
- Has fun!
This position will be focused on developing both the front and back-end of our internal and client-facing applications. We continuously develop new applications while building new modules and performing maintenance on our existing applications. We’re looking for a candidate who can jump right in and, after getting ramped up, can balance development on several applications at once (as prioritized by the Product Owner, of course).
Our team isn’t huge, but we accomplish A LOT and have fun while doing it. We truly live a high-five culture, leave our egos at the door and celebrate our successes.
For those who are interested in being considered for this position, please send your resume along with a cover letter that includes your three most cherished personal values and why they are so important to you.
gap intelligence is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a community that empowers individuals from diverse cultures and experiences.