At gap intelligence we believe we are driven to contribute to something bigger than ourselves and trust that our hard work will turn into something great. One of the ways we look to contribute to the greater good is through giving back to the community. We believe there are 3 ways to give back:
- We can give our time.
- We can share our talent.
- We can donate our “treasure”.
Based on these 3 ways to give, we thought it was appropriate to name the committee that orchestrates giving back at gap intelligence, The 3Ts. The 3Ts have been working hard to organize several events for 2012. We have many events planned and different “flavors” of ways to give back. We have monthly events and quarterly events to accommodate every one’s hectic schedules. Gappers are busy busy bees after all!
We have partnered with the San Diego Food Bank and Father Joe’s Village. The third Thursday of every month gappers have been rolling up their sleeves after work to help those in need. Our first event with the San Diego Food Bank was a huge success. We bagged over 400 lunches for kids that would go hungry without the amazing support of the SDFB.
In addition to our monthly events we have the following quarterly events planned throughout the year:
- April 14th: Beach Cleanup with the Surfrider Foundation at Sunset Cliffs
- May 31st: Blood Drive with the San Diego Blood Bank at Liberty Station (You can sign up here: https://www.mysdbb.org/Appointment/location.html?did=52897)
- November 4th: Susan G. Komen Walk for the Cure at Balboa Park
- November 10th: The Fight for Air Walk with Team Asthma Attackers along the Embarcadero
- November & December 2012: Canned Food Drive at Liberty Station
If anyone wants to join in please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. The beauty of gap giving back is you don’t have to be a gapper to join in on the feel good fun. The more the merrier! I hope to see you at our next event or perhaps our work will inspire you to give back in a way of your own. Anne Frank famously said, “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world”. At gap intelligence we believe that moment is now!